T20 WC 2022: Sachin has told Shaheen Afridi’s break, now Indian batsmen will wreak havoc against Pakistan

Melbourne: Shaheen Shah Afridi is one of the best white-ball bowlers in the world and cricket legend Sachin Tendulkar says Indian batsmen should try to play him ‘straight’ if they want to attack the talented Pakistani left-arm pacer. Will be Tendulkar has played a lot of limited overs cricket against Pakistan’s Wasim Akram who is one of the greatest left-arm fast bowlers of all time.

When Tendulkar was asked if he had played against a bowler of talent like Shaheen during his playing days, he laughed and said, “I haven’t given my attention like that because I know I won’t face him.”

But he shared his thoughts saying, ‘Shaheen is an aggressive bowler and he is always trying to take wickets. He ‘pitches’ the ball and swings the ball. He has the ability to get the bowler out. So the strategy against him should be to play him in the ‘straight’ and ‘V’.

Tendulkar cautioned that if the batsman makes a ‘trigger movement’, it is not necessary that the batsman should show commitment to play the shot.

He said, ‘Trigger movement is a preparation to play the ball, it is not a commitment to play the shot. If you are not showing the commitment to play the ball, it can be on the front-foot or the back-foot, but it is a ‘trigger movement’ not a commitment.’

Tendulkar said, ‘Because once you are on the back foot, you cannot come on the front foot. If you come on the front foot, you cannot come on the back foot. Trigger movement is about preparation. “Every ball will have some kind of movement and as long as there is no commitment, it is fine,” he said. Teams of India and Pakistan will start their T20 World Cup campaign against each other here on Sunday.

Ind vs Pak Ground Report: Melbourne city became India’s city, great passion among cricket lovers, huge crowd gathered to watch practice
Ind vs Pak: Why can’t we go to Pakistan and play cricket… Owaisi took out Muslim angle by naming Shami-Siraj
sam curran: Afghanistan’s batsman smashed by Sam Curran’s claws, created history for England in T20

Source link